Friday, August 15, 2008

Buttons, Buttons, and More Buttons


A few days ago I decided to go the the "Antique Capital of the Northwest" A.K.A. Snohomish, Washington. It is very near where I live and has MANY antique stores lining the streets. I had a short while to browse (2 hours...a short time for me).


In my first store I found many great treasures! I purchased an old Kerr canning jar filled with buttons, a ziplock baggie full of buttons, and a nice set of vintage arm and hammer "Useful Birds of America" cards. The vendor who's area I found all of these items in was having a half-off sale so my total was under $6!


The second shop was equally as exciting! I found a great bag of buttons for 20% off. I also met with a wonderful woman with a rented area in the store. She was cleaning her space and moving things around and I noticed she had aprons. I browsed through them and she talked to me. I didn't find any that I liked very much and she asked me what I was looking for. I told her that I really like vintage gingham aprons with embroidery and such. She told me that she has tons of gingham aprons at her home a block from the store and gave me her phone number to set up a day to look at them. She was very pleasant and kind, and gave me 10% off of each of the bags of buttons I purhased from her space!


The third (and unfortunately last) shop I ventured into that day had a specific purpose for me...an apron. I always find the BEST aprons there and picked out a fabulous red checked gingham apron with four blue pockets lining the front. It had embroidered roses on the pockets and looks oh-so-cute!


I had a great time finding my new treasures! I can't wait to do it again!
Oh, and by-the-way, I now have well over 1,000 buttons!!!! And I received my MaryJanes Farm Farmgirl Sisterhood merit badge certificate and badge today for the beginner level "Buttoned-Up"!

No comments: