Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vintage Cookbook: Better Homes and Gardens




My favorite cookbook of all time is definitely my Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook. I have an edition from the 1990s and I love it so much! I love the recipes and the tips and the fact that it is a binder style book. It is very easy to flip through it and find what I am looking for at any given moment.


A few weeks ago I was looking up old/vintage cookbooks on Ebay and I came across a wonderful, old edition of the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook! I was so excited and I bought it right then-and-there. The cover is different from my current copy of the book. The book is a 1953 edition and is in great condition! It is very vintage styled and nostalgic. The pictures throughout the cookbook are wonderful and call from an older time. It makes me happy looking at them. The women in the picture cartoons are all wearing lovely aprons!


Just wanted to share my find with you!

5 comments:

ranchmama said...

I love my Better Homes and Garden cookbook too! I swear.. when I was first married I had to look up how long to boil an egg!! And it has the everyday recipies that everyone needs to know. Even how to brew a cup of coffee!

I even got one for a friend who just got married. It's just such a great reference cookbook to have. And I love the older versions. The pictures are priceless. Great find. :)

lacisne88 said...

I know! I love the vintage pictures! They are so fun to look at!

idcityrose said...

I love the apron, what a find! I also love buttons, have thousands of them in jars, boxes, cans, and shoe boxes. I just can't part with any of them, except the regular ones. I have sewn since I was twelve (45 years now, ouch!) so I want to welcome you to the world of sewing, where you can create what you dream and no one else will have one like it!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a great find; you'll use this one a lot!

Carol............. said...

I've used mine for years...just basic, easy to understand and "get on with it!" recipes.